During this once-in-a-lifetime situation affecting not only California, but the United States and the entire world, healthcare workers are proving to be vital in helping patients battling COVID-19.
One job that makes an unbelievable impact on helping COVID-19 patients are respiratory therapists.
Duties of a Respiratory Therapists
On top of the soft skills of being a quick learner and a team player, respiratory therapists have significant
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes; directing treatments given by aides, technicians and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Must be a quick learner and a team player
We Are Hiring Respiratory Therapists
At 365 Healthcare Staffing, we are doing our best to find the right healthcare workers to provide healthcare facilities in Southern California, throughout the state, and across the country to fight this pandemic.
If you are looking to help, we have high-paying respiratory therapists jobs available. Please also share with your friends who can help!